Development of Network Functions for Terrestrial Broadcast in 5G
SUPERVISOR: David Gómez-Barquero
PAYROLL (Degree Graduate): 1866 €/month (taxes not included)
PAYROLL (Ph.D Holder): 2390 €/month (taxes not included)
DESCRIPTION: 5G-Xcast is a 5GPPP Phase II project focused on Broadcast and Multicast Communication Enablers For the Fifth Generation of Wireless Systems. The project analyses the requirements for future media, including 4k/8k Ultra-High-Definition Television (UHDTV) and other cutting edge multimedia, covering both commercial and technical aspects. 5G-Xcast also investigates how to provide Broadcast and Multicast in 5G, from Physical Layer, Radio Access Network, up to the 5G Core and Content Distribution Network.
Inside this project, iTEAM is the coordinator and Project Manager for 5G-Xcast. A 5G compliant laboratory with Release 15 equipment is planned for 2019 inside the iTEAM premises. iTEAM is searching for candidates to bring to reality the developments made inside 5G-Xcast, related to the new Logic entities defined inside the project (XCF and XUF), in order to provide Multicast and Broadcast to commercial 5G Core and RAN.
• To help in the deployment and integration of the iTEAM 5G laboratory, interconnecting 5GCore and RAN.
• Development of Proof of Concept (PoC) of XCF and XUF on top of existing Release 15 to allow for Multicast and Broadcast communications.
• Trials on UPV campus and with other members of the X-Cast Consortium.
• Be able to relocate immediately to Valencia, Spain. Fluent in English.
• Degree or Ph.D in Telecommunications or IT Science
• Familiarity with development of Microservices in Virtualized Environments.
• Interest in networking and managing IP networks.
APPROXIMATE DURATION: Jan-July 2019
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED: Send your CV and Recommendation Letter BEFORE NOVEMBER 7th to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: 5G-Xcast_OpenPosition_Core