The iTEAM Research Institute of UPV is coordinating the Horizon Europe project of the Smart Networks and Services Joint Undertaking (SNS) IMAGINE-B5G, which will create an Advanced 5G Open Platform for Large Scale Trials and Pilots with Verticals in France, Norway, Portugal and Spain, deploying private 5G networks with advanced features under real-life operational conditions.
The candidate will join the wireless communications group of iTEAM-UPV, that has coordinated in the last years four H2020 projects (5G-Xcast, 5G-RECORDS, FUDGE-5G and iNGENIOUS), and act as Project Manager deputy of IMAGINE-B5G, while being able to lead a research line in 5G/6G in the wireless communications group.
IMAGINE-B5G Fact Sheet
Budget 12.3 M€, 17 organizations from 9 countries (including Telenor, Telefonica, Nokia, Samsung, Airbus, among others). 4.6 M€ for open-calls for innovative vertical applications and infrastructure.
Job main activities
As deputy PM of IMAGINE-B5G:
- Attend project events: teleconferences, physical meetings, 6G-IA steering board, dissemination events, trials and pilots, etc.
- Preparation of documentation required by the EC: technical and project management deliverables, amendments to the grant agreement, mid-term/final reports, etc.
- Coordination of the technical team of iTEAM-UPV and the trials and pilots in the Spanish facility, and the overall project coordination.
- Support in the organization of the open-calls, communication and dissemination activities, exploitation, etc.
- Lead a 5G/6G research line in the group. Elaboration of new research proposals.
- PhD in Telecommunications Engineering (or equivalent) focused on Wireless Communications
- Experience in EU research projects (both proposal preparation
and project execution)
- Fluent in English and good communication skills, team player
- Availability to travel
- Experience in project management desired
Duration: 36 months (January 2023 to December 2025)
Payroll: 35k€ gross per year (based on qualification/experience)
Supervisor: Prof. David Gomez-Barquero
If you are interested: send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org